Monday, March 18, 2019

Sweet 16 Shadow Box Card


Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! My card project today is a 3-D work of art. Every time I make one of these, I'm so proud of it. It looks so finished and professional. But you want to know something cool? You can make it too, with ease! Using the supplies you probably already have!

Here goes! I'll do my best to explain the general measurements and scoring so you can recreate it. And then I'll tell you how I filled mine. You can use whatever stamps and dies you have on hand and create an any occasion shadow box of your own!

Ok so to start, for the box itself you will need two sheets of heavyweight card stock. I used 130 lb for mine, but 110 lb will do too. The first sheet I cut a  5 x 7 inch panel. You can get two of these out of one sheet. You will only  need one for this project, so you can set the other aside for another project. The second sheet is cut 7 x 10 inches. This piece will need to be scored across the 10 inch side at 1/2 inch, 2 1/2 inches, 7 1/2 inches and 9 1/2 inches. The two half inch pieces on either end, you will need to put some strong adhesive on, as this is where you will attach the box to the first 5 x 7 panel. But do not attach them quite yet!

Now that we have the pieces cut, we will need to create the window to see into the box.  Choose a die from your stash, a fancy oval or a basic rectangle will do. Take the 5 x 7 panel and run it through your die cutting machine and cut out the window. If you don't have a die cutting machine you can do this as well with a steel rulear and a sharp blade. Slow and steady cuts on a self healing cutting matt will do the job.

Now you pretty much have what you need to create this shadow box card. For my card, I added a piece of acetate to the front of my box to create the window effect.  I used the Altenew Peony bouquet stamp and die set  to fill my box with pretty flowers and leaves. I also used a word die for the word 'Sweet' and a set of number dies for '16' and a small stitched circle die to create that element. I also used a Gina K Designs red rubber background stamp to add some interest to the background. I used the negative piece from the front panel window to do my stamping on and adhered it to the back so it flowed nicely and matched the shape of the window. I printed a personalized 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from my computer. I put all the pieces together and this is what I created!

I am so happy that you made it to the end of this post. Leave me a comment if you liked this project or.have any questions, I'd love to hear from you! You can follow me on Instagram and find me on Facebook as well!

I would love it if you made your own project like this and tagged me on Instagram! #jennycarddesigns

Happy stamping!

Jenny
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment